Awhile ago I posted about my Grandpa, and how we were notified it was nearing the end.
I could not get over the sad.
And then, he rebounded.
And all were astounded.
He requested pizza, of all things and sat up talking in a joyful tone.
I spoke with him, but a couple of days ago.
His voice sounded 5 years younger. We laughed, and confided. He heard my hopes and dreams as he has done so many times in the past. He has always been a sounding board, a pin board of my hopes. And he has always remembered each and every one.
It was such a gift. A treasure to hold always, pinned away in my heart. The place where I keep hold of all those that make up the definition I call Love.
I don't know how long it will last. I don't know if I will ever get another chat like that again, but I give God glory, I give Him honour, I give Him thanks, to be able to hear my Grandpa answer the phone himself and say, "Ya'ello Doll," one. more. time.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for leaving a comment! Please be patient and I will post it soon, unless it is cruel in which case I will use my discernment. But feel free to disagree on anything, iron sharpens iron.