I am 28 weeks now.
With John, 28 weeks was the goal of my doctors. 28 weeks meant he might survive.
28 weeks is a big number to me.
She is 28 weeks gestation now,
and 2.7 pounds!
I love the ultrasounds, seeing her get bigger, hearing her heart beat, knowing she is growing.
I finally bought some baby things.
Gave in to hope, that she just might come home with me.
We bought a baby swing and some clothes. I had gotten rid of everything and am starting over. It is strange, because this is not my first rodeo . . .
and yet, it feels like it is.
It feels like a new beginning that has happened before.
And there is joy in the unknown familiar.
It still isn't easy.
I still throw up, 3-4 times a week.
I still feel like first trimester fog has yet to wear off. (Is there really such a thing as second trimester bliss?!)
But she is growing. My blood pressure is good.
And God is good.
All the time.
Welcome friend. Today is a promise. Unfortunately, I cannot make you any. I cannot promise you perfection or, at times, even sanity. *wink* I am just here, searching for the same thing as you. Hope. Joy. Love. And I'm finding it in the journey. So, if you like coffee as much as I do, why don't you pour yourself a cup, take a deep breathe and stay awhile. Maybe we can find the joy together.
Sunday, August 10, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oh sweetie, I am sure you're going to come home with your precious baby girl in your arms. I'm so excited for you! A new one to cuddle, nurse, adore ......
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Janet
Thank you! Good encouragement. :)
Delete