Welcome friend. Today is a promise. Unfortunately, I cannot make you any. I cannot promise you perfection or, at times, even sanity. *wink* I am just here, searching for the same thing as you. Hope. Joy. Love. And I'm finding it in the journey. So, if you like coffee as much as I do, why don't you pour yourself a cup, take a deep breathe and stay awhile. Maybe we can find the joy together.

Saturday, June 29, 2013

Where the Wild Things Are

Don't ya'll love summer?
I just love this season.
I can't get enough of sunshine and freedom.
I just bask in the heat, pulling the endless weeds that root down in my ground.
And I love it.
I can feel the heat sink into my bones and I feel healing.
Like a balm for the inside of me. Like a salve for the places you can't touch.
My children play all around me, basking in their freedom.
Freedom to let their limbs move random, and wild, no restrictions,
no rigidity. They are wild.
And I watch from my weeding hole.
I watch their jumps and their tricks, and I take on the battle against the Nazi's
with my son, and I visit the house of my daughters.
We drink the homemade lemonade when the heat hollars out the humidity
of our skin.
"Don't forget the peppermint!" Hazel calls as she picks it fresh from our flower bed.
Mmmmmmm.
A monarch butterfly flits fast by my head as I grab a deep rooted undesired.
I could reach out and touch its orange wings if I wanted to,
but who wants to tame the wild?
And I watch it move random, no restrictions, no rigidity,
watch it float away,
I know these summer days are but for a season.
I can't hold them, can't harness.
And who would want to tame this wild?



What is making your heart wild this summer?


1 comment:

  1. Hello Kersten. I posted a comment to you at Erin and Mark's site. Mrs. NT posted this poem. Thank you. It is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! Please be patient and I will post it soon, unless it is cruel in which case I will use my discernment. But feel free to disagree on anything, iron sharpens iron.